Saturday, February 23, 2008

Even more Froggyisms

Froggy and I went for a walk. She picked an old dandelion that was perfect for making a wish upon. She started to blow, when I asked, "Wait, what's your wish. What do you want?" She thought for a minute and said, "To grow."

While reading one of her favorite books, we came to the page where a woodchuck is burrowing into the earth, making his home. I asked Froggy, "What's that?" To which she replied, "A chuckwood."


Froggy knows all her shapes, including an 'arch' and 'semicircle'. But when we get to the 'star' she always says, "it's a starfish." No matter what, the shape of a star is always a starfish.

We have a morning dove who has built a nest in our carport. The other day, FD wanted to show Froggy the nest. They accidentally scared the mama, who cooed and flew away for a bit. FD showed Froggy the little egg in the nest and explained that the Mama protects her egg by sitting on it, and we should leave her alone so she'll stay with her baby. Today, after returning home from a playdate, I started to take Froggy out of her carseat, when she looked very seriously at me and said, "I'm scared." I've never heard her say this before. So I asked, "What are you scared of honey?" She replied, "Mama bird!"

Yesterday when we returned home, we could hear Buddy the dog inside the house jumping up and down, so excited that we were home. Froggy heard him and said, "Buddy's psycho!"

2 comments:

Beverly said...

What a girl!

Anonymous said...

Great! Keep 'em coming