Sunday, January 20, 2008

I'm spoiled.

FD hasn't been in school since December and has been Superdad, helping with treatments, taking care of the tadpole while I work, running to the grocery store, picking up meds. Ahhhh, it's been heaven. Ya know what I've realized about myself? I'm not really crazy or depressed. Having help has helped me to realize that I was doing too much. I was doing the job of at least two people. And when I'm not overwhelmed and exhausted, I'm actually a happy mama!

I'm terribly excited for FD to start the clinical phase of his program, but I'm also dreading the return to 'taking care of a toddler full time, a dog and two cats, while working 25 hours a week, and managing treatments/health insurance stuff by myself.'

But in the mean time, I'm just going to enjoy the help, having FD at home, and hope that we win the CA lotto this week so we can afford that nanny, cook, maid and driver!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You totally deserve a break - enjoy it while you can!

Boogie Mama said...

How do you do all that and still manage to write such an amazing blog? We love you Froggy Mama!!
Amy, Kev, Keiran

Casey said...

I'm right there with you - I think I am a *much* better mommy when I have D around to help.