Friday, March 19, 2010

Day Two

Froggy is still doing great. Day two was a little tough, but manageable. If you don't like poop talk, (kind of like coffee talk but grosser) you can stop reading. Consider yourself warned.

So Froggy couldn't eat until she moved things along, and she refused, afraid it would hurt her g-tube to push. Which sometimes she's too smart for her own good, because yes it would hurt. So two suppositories and an enema later she pooped. Woo hoo! I've never seen a nurse so excited. Our WONDERFUL nurses are probably as elated by poo as we are. Wow, you gotta love people who clap and shout over poos.

Froggy is no longer on morphine because it causes constipation, so Children's Tylenol is a sad second. But as long as she's not moving around, she's okay.

Today they started her on Pedialyte in the tube and tonight they'll give her half formula, half water. They are so careful and wonderful here, we couldn't be happier with the care.

Okaydokee, I'm off to take care of our Frog. If I watch another episode of Dora the Explorer or Spongebob, my head might start spinning around, but you gotta do what ya gotta do.

I'll keep updating. Thanks again for all the support! xoxo Froggymama

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Poop! Have had those Never been sooo incredibly happy to see poop experiences before.

Hope Froggy is resting comfortably tonight. Keeping you both in my thoughts. Ratatosk

The DutchMac Tribe said...

CONGRATS! I'm glad to hear all's going well, poop and all. Such a strong little frog you have there.

Big squeezes to all.

xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Whoo hoo for poo! So happy things are going well!
By the way, re: annoying children's shows, you might get some comfort from Facebook groups, kind of like group therapy. I am tempted to join the group "where the hell are Max & Ruby's parents??" but don't want to seem too pathetic to my non-parent Facebook friends.

Anonymous said...

I'm always asking Max why Calliou doesn't have any hair. Drive me NUTS. That and I was always expecting something evil to happen on Tellytubbies. Hope things are going well this morning! Ratatosk

Tami Draxler said...

I'm glad to hear about the poo! And I'm gald that Froggy's dong well so far with the tube. It's great that you are getting such good care. That makes the whole process so much easier!

Whem Emily got her tube she was BIG into the Wiggles. I normally don't mind them too much, but, during that hospital stay and the few days of R&R that followed, I began to worry that my ears would bleed the next time I heard "Fruit Salad, Yummy, Yummy..."

Keeping you guys in my thoughts!

tami