Sunday, January 21, 2007

Into the Woods











After a fabulous breakfast, courtesy of Froggydaddy, our friend "J" and family headed to the mountains for a hike. It was just what we needed, especially after three pounds of bacon, blueberry muffins, and eggs. I'm sure we walked off those 10,000 calories, right?


Grandma and Grandpa came over for dinner and read stories to little Froggy who got a kick out of Grandpa's funny voices for a monkey, parrot and elephant. She looked up at him like, "you're crazy, but I love you anyway."


It was a wonderful Sunday and I'll leave you with some thoughts on nature :


Other roads do some violence to nature, and bring the traveller to stare at her, but the river steals into the scenery it traverses without intrusion, silently creating and adoring it, and is as free to come and go as the zephyr.


...Wildness is the preservation of the World. - Henry David Thoreau


Nature is loved by what is best in us...And the beauty of nature must always seem unreal and mocking, until the landscape has human figures that are as good as itself.


Nature never rhymes her children, nor makes two men alike. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


I think I will do nothing for a long time but listen,
And accrue what I hear into myself....and let sounds contribute toward me.
I hear the bravuras of birds....the bustle of growing wheat....
gossip of flames....clack of sticks cooking my meals.
I hear the sound of a human voice....a sound I love,
I hear all sounds as they are tuned to their uses....sounds of the
city and sounds out of the city....sounds of the day and night.
- Walt Whitman





1 comment:

dillyweed said...

I stumbled across your blog through a link posted by another blogger at Owlhaven's site (http://owlhaven.wordpress.com) and I just wanted to say that your little Froggy is precious! What a sweet little one you have there. Enjoy!