Monday, May 21, 2007

Great Strides


The silliest little Froggy in the world.
J and S walking the walk and talking the talk.

Thumbletina, Froggymama and Froggy looking very silly in our amphibian attire.

You guys better walk faster! This is for the cure, ya know!

Buddy is a big contributor to CF research.
So far this year he's donated 1 million puppy kisses.

Thumbletina and Cousin Pinky relaxing after the big walk.

Froggy and her boyfriend "Jazz"



The Amazing Team Froggy's Legs!


I know I say this all the time, but we really do have the most wonderful friends and family! Whenever I think those around us just couldn't do more, they do. This year was our second Great Strides Walk and we raised over $23,000. And more money is still coming in. Our goal was $25,000 and we just might make it.

Our friends and family in Iowa also walked in Great Strides. My dad sold tomato and pepper plants that he grew, and my sister baked home-made doggy biscuits and sold them at my dad's vet clinic. I'm not sure how much they raised, but I'm sure between Iowa and Cali, those who love Froggy supplied researchers with a thousand petri dishes and a few hours of research. (each hour of research costs about $12,000!).

It is so inspiring to get together with other moms and dads who are going through the same thing and see how their kids are healthy, happy and living 'normal' lives.

I can't thank you all enough for your donations, fundraising, work, help, love, prayers, thoughts, food, cards, emails, and support. I know it makes a difference directly to Froggy's health and happiness. It takes a village to save a child. Thank you for being our village!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh - these pictures are great. congrats on getting such a great team together. i hope next year we can actually join on the physical walk. jcn

Mieke said...

It was a great walk this year - by the sea. I'm glad you feel all of our support.

Casey said...

YAY!!!!! I'm so impressed and proud of the amount that was raised. :) :) :) Love the pictures. Big hugs!

The DutchMac Tribe said...

Congrats on another great fundraising event! We were there with you in spirit .....