First, the rules:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to blog about their seven things and post the rules as well. At the end of your post, choose 7 people to tag and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog! OK, here we go....
1. I can juggle, and I was once a mime, for which FD loves to make fun of me. I adore Marcel Marceau who once said, “Do not the most moving moments of our lives find us all without words?” I met him once and he was ironically, a big talker. Charlie Chaplin is also a hero of mine and "The Kid" makes me sob, no matter how many times I've seen it. It's funny that as a writer, I prefer art forms without words.
2. I drove a school bus and campus bus in college, and really loved the power that came with being above everyone else on the road (even though I would never drive an SUV or gas guzzler). It was mindless, repetitive and I could listen to music. What's better than that?
3. I have HORRIBLE taste when it comes to television shows. I love the E. True Hollywood Stories, Lifetime Movies, and yes, even American Idol. I know, I know. It's gross. FD and I watch "Antiques Roadshow" but I'd rather watch the Dateline Murder Mystery, or a rerun of "Three's Company." Yeah, it's that bad.
4. In college, I was part of a Dead Poets Society, where we all met in the woods, built a fire and read our bad prose about classes and young love. I adored everyone in the group. It wasn't pretentious or about showing off, and the poetry was real and funny. We drank Boones Farm Strawberry wine, recited Yeats, and afterwards, the boys peed on the fire, and we all took the bus home. And it was probably the best time in my life.
5. As a kid, I knew when people were going to die before they did. My grandparents, friends of the family, and animals too. I think I've lost the ability, and I'm happy about that.
6. When I was seven, I said a prayer asking God, that if I had any control over my fate, I'd prefer a roller coaster over a merry-go-round life. Oh, how I'd like to take that one back!
7. I'm somewhat fluent in American Sign Language and miss the language and deaf culture. Sometimes I dream in ASL and crave the language, like an old friend. It's beautiful like a dance, or song, woven into air, expressing more than words ever could.
I've decided to add one more, just cause.
8. I love the smell of a theatre -saw dust, burnt gels, a fresh coat of paint. When I walk into a theatre, I feel like I'm exactly where I should be, home.
As far as tagging people, I don't know enough bloggers, so I choose, Mieke, Dutchmac, and Thumbletina.