Sunday, March 02, 2008

I couldn't make this stuff up


While relaxing on the sofa, Froggy pulls up my shirt, starts slapping my belly, yelling, "fat, fat, fat, fat, fat, fat" to the tune of Jingle Bells... I couldn't help but say, "And whose fault is that?"

Today on our walk, Froggy wrapped her hands around a rose stem to smell it, then looked at me knowingly and said, "Mama, roses have horns."

While reading "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" we read the page where the caterpillar eats one cupcake and one sausage, and one lollipop. Froggy was announcing each food, when we came to the slice of watermelon. I said, "then he ate one..." and she replied, "birthday hat!"

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Cute. Do you have The Very Hungry Caterpillar DVD? There are four stories on it as well as a musical piece at the end. The stories all contain Eric Carle's artwork, and they are simply his stories, nothing added. There is lovely classical background music.

When Ella and I watch it, when it comes to the place where the egg hatches, she says "Pop" right along with the reader.

It's a good purchase.

Casey said...

Your girl. She is just too much! :)

Froggymama said...

Beverly,

No, we don't have it. But we'll definitely get it!

Casey, yes...she is toooooooo much! Thank God for her sense of humor.

The DutchMac Tribe said...

Ah yes, the random nuggets of wisdom from a toddler (or are they technically pre-schoolers now?). Little Cub is also a fan of said caterpillar, either English or Dutch. He can be a bit of a whore with his affection like that.

My favorite LC nugget came a couple weeks ago when I was getting ready for a Girls' Night Out. LC was having his dinner at the table with Daddy, when I came out of the bedroom having dolled myself up to the nines. Daddy turned to LC and said 'Ooooh, doesn't Mommy look beautiful?'

LC paused, looked at me, cocked his head to one side, and said 'Mommy, you stink, and that's true.'

I'm choosing to believe he's confusing the phrase 'stink' with 'smell lovely with that fantastic perfume'. Please let me continue to live in this blissful ignorance, won't you? :-)