Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hear and Now

Hear and Now A deeply personal memoir by Emmy® winner Irene Taylor Brodsky, HEAR AND NOW chronicles her deaf parents' decision to undergo risky cochlear implant surgery, following their touching journey from a comfortable marriage of silence into a new, complex and challenging world of sound. Premieres Thursday, May 8 at 8:00pm ET/PT. HBO


My wonderful husband watched Froggy Wednesday night, so I could attend a screening of the film HEAR AND NOW. The director and her parents were there, and they had a Q & A after the screening.

The film was amazing!

I used to work in a theatre for the deaf and hard-of-hearing and am somewhat fluent in American Sign Language, so I have a huge place in my heart for ASL and deaf culture. If you have HBO, set your Tivo's. A little warning, although I am a huge sap... but I started crying in the first 3 seconds, and stopped during the end credits. So tissues are required, if you're a cheeseball like me.

No comments: