Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hope



Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
and rings the tune
without the words
and never stops
at all.

-Emily Dickinson







Tonight we had a meeting with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to discuss fundraising ideas. And the 'cure' is always a topic discussed. Another dad and I talked about how sure we are the cure is possible and only a few years away. And it isn't because our emotional lives depend on it, but because there is hope. Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and rings the tune, without the words, and never stops, at all.

It's amazing how the parents of kids with CF are instant friends. We know the routine, the fear, the love, the language of CF. And every parent I meet has that same twinkle in his/her eye. It's one of "someday we will all celebrate and dance together, when we beat this disease, and our kids can just be kids."

I so need nights like tonight, when I'm filled with that beautiful thing called hope.

To read more about how the cure is possible, click here.

And don't forget to make a donation, because hope is only possible if we have your help.


3 comments:

Casey said...

Hope. It's a powerful thing. I believe that a cure is mere steps away. We just have to get there...inch by inch. I'm hoping and believing in the miracle.

Mieke said...

That's such a great quote Lover. I am glad you are so hopeful. I talked to a "benefactor" today. Help should be on the way!

Anonymous said...

love that quote. i really believe they'll be a cure soon. jcn