Friday, April 06, 2007

Best Friends

This is my "Mimi" blanket. You wanna kiss him?

Okay, but just a little kiss.

MY MIMI!

We make beautiful music together!

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands!

Here, you play the recorder!

Friday we had a playdate (playdate - being a word I promised I would never use as a mom). Oh well, add it to my list. It was so much fun watching Froggy and "Hummingbird" interact. They are hilarious, sharing Cheerios, running through the house, desperately jealous of the other's sippy cup. Even at 18 months, the juice is always better in someone else's cup.

It amazes me that at such a young age, they can build friendships with other 'little people.' When we walk by Hummingbird's house, Froggy points and says her name. They pat, hug, and rest their heads on one another. It's too cute. Let's just say there are a lot of "ooohhhs and ahhhhhs" from the mamas.

I love that we are neighbors, and that Hummingbird's parents are such wonderful people too. Lucky, lucky us.

I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.--Humphrey Bogart






1 comment:

Mieke said...

Best friends???Ok...well we'll settle for the boys being her big brothers.