Saturday, April 28, 2007

It Was All Just A Dream

Read this ARTICLE from the LA Times today.

The other day, while giving Froggy her respiratory treatment I had a premonition (I hope) or dream of the future. She was about eight years old, playing in her room with a friend. While they brushed their doll's hair and dressed them, Froggy said, "I used to have Cystic Fibrosis."

And the friend asked, "What's that?"

To which Froggy replied, "A really bad disease, but I'm okay now."

And then they continued playing dolls as if she had just told her friend that she liked peanut butter on crackers.

I truly believe that someday Froggy will have this conversation. And I hope that CF will only be a vague memory of nebulizers and vitamins, a phantom disease that disappeared from her life like diapers, or highchairs - something she just grew out of. This disease and the frightening outcome of it's progression, will have no reality in our future, or the future I imagine.

It was all just a dream, for little Froggy. And only we will know the truth, of what could have been.

3 comments:

Mieke said...

From your lips to God's ears!!!

Anonymous said...

yes, yes!

Anonymous said...

i think that is a great dream that will come true. jcn