Friday, December 19, 2008

Books Read in 2008

So this can be classified as the most boring post of 2008, because seriously, why would anyone care? But for my sanity, for the mere thought of productivity, here goes.... I read the following books... I'll put a star by the really good ones!

Fiction

Run - by Ann Patchett
*Shantaram - by Gregory David Roberts
Water for Elephants - by Sara Gruen
What is the What - by Dave Eggers
*The Shadow of the Wind - by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
*The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - by Junot Diaz
The Book of Bright Ideas - by Sandra Kring
*Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - by Lisa See
*Out Stealing Horses - by Per Petterson
The Mercy of Thin Air - by Ronlyn Domingue
*The Interpreter of Maladies - by Jhumpa Lahiri

Memoir

*The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid - by Bill Bryson
*Foreskin's Lament - by Shalom Auslander
*Little Heathens - by Mildred Kalish

Non-fiction and yes a little cheesy Self-help:

*The Language of God - by Francis Collins
The Seat of the Soul - by Gary Zukav
The Dance of Anger - by Dr. Harriet Lerner
*In Defense of Food - by Michael Pollan
The Happiest Toddler on the Block - by Dr. Harvey Karp
*Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child - by Dr. John Gottman
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus - by John Gray

3 comments:

Cara said...

I do not think this post was boring at all! I love books and especially love getting recommendations from my friends. I just purchased The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao from Amazon and I'm just waiting to get it. I might post my list of books read this year too. Good idea!

Princess Talana said...

My Matt got me a kindle from Amazon for Christmas, so I have a preview of the book you commented about on my blog... may grab a few chapters of some of these and see if I'd like to buy them too!

Alicia said...

I didn't think this was boring either! Great idea! There are tons of book blogs, too, but one that I follow regularly and you may enjoy is 5 Minutes for Books! Hope your Christmas was good.